posakb.blogg.se

Colt police positive 38 special serial number t366552

colt police positive 38 special serial number t366552

And all the rest of the above is just my $.02 as well, of course. I can't give you a dollar figure myself, because I am not familiar enough with current values. A close up of any stamped markings, like the caliber on the barrel or the Colt trademark on the frame, would help people here tell whether the finish is original or not. If it is, you have a fairly valuable gun there, because it seems to be in very good shape. To me, the hard rubber grips combined with the shape of the cylinder release suggest your gun was made in the 1920's, and that is too late for it to be 32 Long Colt, fortunately.Īs for value, it all depends on whether the bluing on your gun is the original factory finish. Older Colt revolvers used 32 Long Colt, which is long out of production and hard to find. 32-20 WCF, which is a whole different ball game.)

colt police positive 38 special serial number t366552

If your gun is a Police Positive Special, there is some chance it is chambered for. Tom Frederick, your Police Positive probably takes 32 Smith & Wesson Long, which at one time was also known as 32 Colt New Police, mainly because Colt did not want to put S&W's name on a Colt revolver.